This short course teaches you the basics of Ableton Live. Throughout the four week course you will learn specialized techniques relating to remixing, producing, basic recordings, MIDI Controllers, and various other Ableton specific functions.
Upon successfully completing this course you will be have an understanding of how to:
Use the Ableton Live interface and software.
Setup Ableton Live with equipment such as audio interfaces, microphones and instruments for live performance and recording.
Warp Audio for use with live performance, DJ sets and creating mixtapes and various other productions.
Use Ableton Live for producing your own music.
SAE is an accredited Ableton Training centre.
- 4 weeks
- There are no academic requirements or pre-requisites to participate in this programme. The only entry requirement is for the participant to be at least 16 years of age upon commencement of the course.
Fees & Intake Dates
- $ 500
- Click here to view offered payment options.
Commences: 4th May Saturday Morning 12.00pm - 4.00pm
- Duration: 16hrs/4 weeks
- Minimum Class Number: 8
SAE Institute reserves the right to reschedule or cancel the course subject to reaching minimum class numbers. In the unlikley event of this occuring, this information will be communicated to you directly.
- Melbourne - VIC
- Sydney - NSW
Enquiries and Enrollments
- Marketing and Admission Coordinator: Anjali Singh
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: +61 3 8632 3418
- 2-3 hr Lecture
- 1-2 hr Tutorials/Activities
- Suggested Additional readings
Course Introduction to Ableton Live
- Course introduction
- Overview of the Ableton Live environment
- Setting up Ableton Live
- Session and Arrangement views
- Using Clips
- Preferences Menu
- Understanding the preferences menu
- How to setup and audio interface
- Recording using microphones, guitars, in arrangement view.
- Editing audio and using automation
- Warping Algorithims
- Warping Modes
- Warping Songs
- Time Stretching Loops
- Using warped audio to create your own mixtape.
Basic of Production
- Basics of electronic music production
- Ableton Live's Instruments
- Using the session view to produce a musical piece.
- Live's Audio FX
- Building Racks
Scott is a sound engineer, DJ and producer having been involved in the Electronic Music Scene for the past 5 to 10 years. Scott has a great passion for electronic music production and teaching musicians, producers and artists how to get the best out of their software in production and live performance.